Frequently asked questions
Our Pure Soy Candles are made with the highest quality, all natural, pure U.S.A. grown soy wax which does require different care than traditional paraffin wax candles.
During your initial use:
- Burn your candle until the melt pool fills the entire top of the container (from edge to edge). Soy candles have what is known as a "burn memory". Making sure you properly produce this initial melt pool will reduce the potential for wax tunneling and maximize your burn times. This process typically takes approx. 3 hours to complete.
- Always trim your wick prior to your initial use and again before each subsequent use. Always check your wick height prior to lighting.
- Keep your cotton wick trimmed to approx. 1/4" height.
- We recommend not burning your candle for longer than 3 hours during each use.
- Never leave your candle unattended, keep out of reach of children, pets and flammable objects.
- Discard your candle when approx. 1/4" of wax remains in jar.
- Do not forget to recycle, repurpose and reuse your candle jar!
Have a special event or occasion you would like personalized products for? We have several custom / bulk package offerings available. We will work with you one on one to meet your needs, budget and vision to create something truly special. Let us handle the favors or gifting needs for your special occasion.
Our Pure Soy Candles are perfect for:
- Bridal Showers
- Baby Showers
- Corporate Events
- Promotional Gifting
For further details, please contact us directly via email or fill out the form on our contact page and we will be in touch!
*Please note - custom and / or personalized orders may be subject to additional fees. All custom order requests are quoted on an individual basis.
Birchouse Botanicals typically processes online orders within 4-7 business days; excluding weekends and holidays. Our standard order fulfillment days are Tuesdays and Fridays.
Please note that we do our very best to have all orders fulfilled within this time frame but occasionally delays do occur. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding while we work diligently to get your order fulfilled in a timely manner.
Processing times are different from shipping times. Processing times are an estimate of how long it will take Birchouse Botanicals to pack and fulfill your order. Shipping times are an estimate of how long it will take your shipping carrier to deliver the order to you. Once your order is picked up from us by the shipping carrier - your order is no longer in our hands (literally!).
Please use the provided tracking information for updates on your shipping schedule with your applicable shipping provider.
Want to shop our candles in person? Of course you do! Stop by our adorable brick and mortar shop - Birchouse Botanicals Fragrance Boutique located at 422 Main Street Townsend, Ma 01474.
Hours of Operation - Thursdays and Fridays from 10-6pm, Saturdays from 10-5pm and Sundays from 11-3pm.
For additional locations of where to shop us, please contact us directly via email or fill out the form on our contact page and we will be in touch!
Or let's have some fun by joining us at one of our many Massachusetts' based pop-up market events. Be sure to follow us on Instagram @birchousebotanicals to see full details on our upcoming event schedule.